explanation

explanation

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Week 74

Dear everyone

Another week has passed and I can't believe its already p-day again... Time is getting shorter and shorter and faster and faster every day.. Transfer calls are already this Saturday? Its unreal! This was definitely my fastest transfer yet. I hope my last one doesn't go by as fast.. I'm not ready yet. This week I received a letter from my mission president that he sends out to the missionaries who are about to start their last transfer. It was such a great 'pump up letter' and a reminder to stay working strong until the very end. "Don't send your spirit home before your body" I am so excited to dedicate the time I have left to the Lord and leave nothing behind. I love this work and Korea more and more every day. The idea of leaving soon still hasn't hit me, and I feel like it won't be possible for me to leave this place.. I'm not kidding.

Our sweet Lee Bom received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday in sacrament meeting. It was such a special experience. Like I said last week, I've never met someone as prepared and ready to feast upon the gospel as she is. She loves everything she learns and intently listens during all 3 hours of church. We're going to start the new member lessons with her this week. She wrote us the sweetest letters this week thanking us for helping her to make that special covenant with God. Although I wasn't involved in her teaching process for too long, she thanked me specifically for the principles that I did teach her, specifically the plan of salvation and about the temple. She is amazing.

Drama with our investigator Kim So Yeon..  She thought that seeing Lee Bom get baptized would be a good turning point for her, but instead she felt like it was so commercialized, it was something that wasn't sacred or special. We can understand why she would feel that way, Lee Bom's baptism happened really fast, it was kind of a crazy and stressful experience with lots of people.. but it was perfect for Lee bom. Kim So Yeon didn't think so.. She says her desire to be baptized went away for right now... but she will someday. I feel very strongly that she's going to for sure be baptized someday. Yesterday we got permission to go to the temple with her. She's been once with the sisters before, but asked if we could go again. Our recently reactivated member Sister Pak (who is basically best friends with our investigator) came with us, and we had a lesson outside on grass. Sister Pak is really struggling right now. She was baptized in 2002 and went less active right after but the Elders met her husband on the street last November and she's been coming back to church ever since. Anyways, she is having a hard time right now because she wants to have strong faith and be a faithful member of this church, but because of a lot of things (mainly family not approving) she feels like her life doesn't "match" our church. Before we could even say anything, Kim So Yeon bore her testimony to her and told her not to give up. Keep coming, keep praying. She said "I'm doing the same thing too right now you know, and I know that God will give us an answer." Instead of having a member present lesson, we had an investigator present lesson to our member haha. Pray for these 2 wonderful ladies please. I love them both so much and I don't know how to help them, but I know that God does.

Found some new favorite verses in 2 Corinthians this week.
9:6-7
".. He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."

I hope this week we can all think a little less about ourselves and a little more about those who need our help. I hope we can all serve each other cheerfully and feel happy knowing that God sure loves us.

Love you.

Sister Holmes
ํ™ˆ์Šค ์ž๋งค


No comments:

Post a Comment