explanation

explanation

Friday, November 29, 2013

Week 7

Annyeonghasayo cajok!!!

Well another week has passed.. and it was SUCH a great one. I had the best thanksgiving EVER! I thought I'd be feeling super homesick and sad all day, but it was just the opposite. Brother and Sister Nally do such a wonderful job of making thanksgiving special for the missionaries, I am so grateful to them! Being at the mtc for thanksgiving made me truly realize how blessed I am to be here at this time.
I'll just go ahead and tell you about my whole day... Because it was that great
It started out great, with a morning devotional from Elder Russel M. Nelson, no big deal (pretty much the whole month of december we have general authorities speaking for almost every devotional.. so you could say I'm pretty dang lucky to be here right now dang it). He talked about the importance of giving your all as a missionary. He said "Take a lesson from the automobile.. learn how to recharge your batteries on the go!" I loved that, because its true! As a missionary you need to learn how to go go go all the time! This is something that has been a hard adjustment for me.. Sometimes, I just want to sit in my room.. and wear stretchy pants.. just for fun.. Anyways, it was so amazing. Oh also, our district got chosen to be the ushers! So I was that person motioning people down in to seats and stuff. How neat is that? Then we got front row seats so yeah. It was a pretty awesome experience.
Well my thanksgiving 'feast' was a bit of a let down.. Somehow mtc cafeteria food doesn't live up to dad's mashed potatoes (man I miss those babies). But you know what, I feasted on the spirit all day! So I felt well fed :) haha even if the food was less than satisfactory.. Sooo after lunch we had a service project! We packaged food pouches for a humanitarian program called 'feed the children' (or something to that extent.. I don't really remember). It was so much fun :) What a better way to spend thanksgiving than serving others right? Man I loved it. ALSO I'M FAMOUS... There's pictures of me on deseret news from the service project!! :) 
After the service project we had our dinner, which was a sack lunch (we packed them after our lunch so that all the cafeteria people didn't have to work anymore! how great huh?) This was one of my favorite parts of the day. We ate a candle lit dinner (the candles you sent me for halloween mom :) you're the best) on the floor of our room in a circle, with our cute little turkey name tags (thanks John and Claire, everyone LOVED them!!). We talked about what we are all thankful for, and thanksgiving traditions our families have. I just LOVE the people here, we are honestly all like sisters. Its wonderful.
Then came the thanksgiving program, which I was somehow volunteered into participating in.. I was handed a slip of paper that said "puritan woman' when I walked in.. then I was called up to participate in a thanksgiving skit.. it was quite humiliating haha. Everytime the word 'puritan woman' was said me (and 2 other girls, one being my comp. Sis. Telford) had to go up to the mic and say "mercy me!" in a high pitched voice. I wanted to die. But it makes for a good memory :) The Nallys are so cute. We also sang "over the river and through the woods" as a group. Also my friend Sister Schillemat sang a rendition of songs from Joseph's amazing techincolor dream coat. She's an amazing singer. Anyways, it was so great. Afterwards we got to watch a movie. Yes you heard me, a movie! Ephram's Rescue! It was amazing!! If you haven't seen it family, you need to! Its inspiring! I always feel so grateful when I am reminded what the pioneer saints went through to get to Zion.. so inspiring. The gospel is TRUE!
On top of all this fun, after the movie, we walked out and christmas music was blasting, christmas lights everywhere. I was so giddy :) It was seriously the best thanksgiving ever, from start to finish. I love being here, I love being a missionary!!
Sorry my whole email was about thanksgiving! But it was just so great I had to share. It was seriously a spiritual feast. I gain a greater appreciation for this gospel every day that I'm here. I love you all and hope your holiday was awesome! Until next week! 
Sa lang ham ni da uraboon!! (haha it kills me to spell things out like this. Korean can not be put into english very well at all.)

Holmes Chamae
Temple walk on sunday :)

US WITH THE KOREAN ELDERS!!! Elder Kim, Park, and Lim. They are so cool...I'm kind of obsessed with Koreans

My branch president and his wife, President and Sister Yost!! I love them so much, they are the sweetest people I've ever met. So loving and caring for each missionary in the branch. Sister Yost made me wear her scarf on the way back because I didn't bring a coat...such a sweetheart haha

What happens when Gimely gets your camera (actually what happens when you've been in the MTC this long ahhhhaeofsjf;jio)

Twin Tuesday!! All the Korean sisters wore black and white...we are so cute huh :)

Me and Sis. Schillemat...I LOVE HER. She is like my Ally here, red hair and all!

haha this is a bad pic. But this was yesterday, we took a temple walk :) I love these girlies.

---------------------------------------

Hannah is pretty much famous now, because she was in the Deseret News. 
And here's the pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment