explanation

explanation

Friday, November 8, 2013

Week 4


Ahhhh my sweet family!!! Annyeonghasaeo :)

Its that time again.. email time.. pday! I seriously can't fathom how fast time is going by here.. I've been here over 3 weeks. I really feel like you guys just dropped me off yesterday. Its just the darndest thing ..


Wellll this week was killer. I've been feeling really sick and lots of things were just hard and emotional for me. But as hard as I was, I think I've finally come to the conclusion that.. the mission is really hard. And its not gonna get any easier. Its all about having a postivie and optomistic attitude! That is what makes everything managable. D&C 84:84 ".. let the morrow take thought for the things of itself". I've really been trying to live by this scripture, just taking everything one day at a time, step by step. So as hard as this week was, it was also an amazing week. Thats how pretty much every day is here if I'm being honest haha!

Sooo since I can never think of anything to say when I'm emailing.. I'm going to tell you my favorite and least favorite things about the mtc!

My favorite thing about the mtc is devotionals on sunday and tuesday nights. Seriously the spirit is incredible and I always feel so uplifted. Such a boost. Also.. This coming tuesday... L. Tom Perry is coming to speak!!!!! I'm elated. I can't wait! Also another thing that I love is going to bed every night and sleeping so good because I worked my tail off the whole day haha :) I was so worried that I would have sleep issues.. But nope I sleep like a rock! In fact this morning we all woke up late.. on pdays we wake up early for a service project but no one's alarm went off so we missed like half of it haha.. oops.My least favorite things.. Ahhh probably the food. The thing is, it tastes great most of the time! But it doesnt feel great. What it does to your stomach I would not wish upon another human soul haha

Yesterday I had an awesome experience. We had a lesson with one of our progressing investigators, Jang Chameneem (really my teacher Sis. Baek). She has been having a really hard time feeling clarity, she has been really confused about what she's been learning about the gospel. In our last lesson we challenged her to continue to pray and read the book of mormon and that if she did so with a sincere heart, she would get an answer! So yesterday we asked her how she felt and she said that she knew the book of mormon was true! We asked her to be baptized, and she said yes.. In that moment my whole body was filled with happiness, I can't explain it!  I think I felt a little bit of what it will feel like when I'm in Korea, teaching real investigators, helping to bring them unto Christ. It was the most amazing feeling :) So as tired, frustrated, heartbroken, or stressed as I may get at times.. I'll remember this moment and it will all be worth it.

This week I also realized how dang excited I am to go to Korea.. I love Koreans :) they are so sincere and gracious, I just love it. My teacher Sis. Baek is Korean, she is so amazing I love her with all my heart! I am so excited for this opportunity. Its gonna be incredible, I just know it.

I love you and miss you all so much, and pray for you every single day! Thank you for the letters, packages, and love you send my way. You have no idea how much it helps me!
Until next week! Sa lang ham nida :)

Holmes Chamae


xoxoxoxo

ps. my district really gets a kick out of the fact that I can pretty much quote Nacho Libre word for word hhaha so whenever we're having a hard time in class I just yell "hey! get that corn out of my face" or something and it lightens the mood :) I knew my movie quoting skills would be a blessing in my life! I'm so awesome...


first snow of the year!!! On mom's birthday! : )

me and my dongbanja 

Me and my 2 besties...Sister Schillimat and Sister Jacobson. Pullin' out the Miranda faces

 
Last night with all the older girls who left to Korea. We are a riot.

This is the koochoo (soccer) crew. We go hard.
p.s. I made a goal this week...soooooo yeah I'm ready to go pro

1 comment:

  1. Your spirits seem to be up this week. I love reading your letters. I believe that with faith and diligence you will make it. Like you said, one day at a time and one step at time and things will happen for you. Hang in there dear. Love ya

    ReplyDelete