explanation

explanation

Friday, November 22, 2013

Week 6


Annyeonhasaeyo ee-u-ra-bon (your-a-boon... means everyone haha)

Sooo basically I think I was born in the mtc... And any memories of life before here are just thoughts they inject into my brain at night... No, it's probably a chemical they put in the food! Yeah that's it. Oh the food... I don't know how much longer I can take it. Jeremiah 4:19-20 pretty much sums up how I feel about mtc food...
 But it is going by so dang fast it's crazy. Almost 3 weeks 'til I'm in Korea.. I can't believe it!! This past week was so weird.. I feel like I've been in this weird daze.. But it was a great week! Every day I don't think my brain has the capacity to learn anything else... and yet here I am, alive and learning. Learning Korean is such an adventure. Some days a love it and feel so pumped, like dang I could leave to Korea TODAY! And other days I feel like... I don't know a single word and I'm gonna die when I leave in less than a month. But when it comes down to it I really have learned so much its crazy. I am so grateful for the Lord's help, I would be no where without him! I just wish you could all be here with me to see the things I'm learning! It just can't be described over email.
Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Dad, I will be dreaming of your mashed potatoes.... I hope you all appreciate the food you will be eating even more, knowing that Hannah is eating MTC cafeteria food.. Fake potatoes, fake meat.. don't even know if the veggies are real... ); Haha but really, I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday. Know that I will be thinking of you here and thanking the Lord for the wonderful blessing you all are in my life! The other day Sister Telford and I were having a hard day. So we decided to say a prayer of gratitude together.. It was one of the best experiences that I've had here at the mtc. I realized how abundantly the Lord blesses me. Missionary life is hard, so I forget to see the good sometimes. But when you take a minute and thank the Lord for all the blessings in your life, your attitude and perspective totally changes! It's amazing. It was also a really good bonding experience between me and Sis. Telford. She really is such a great companion. Although we are different, we work well together and help each other's week spots! I love her. Also, our 'investigator' (who is really our teacher) got baptized this last sunday! She is so excited about the gospel and is so excited to be a new member. These role plays we do just make me so excited to Go to Korea and preach the gospel! I know I say this every week.. but really! Its all I have to look forward to right now haha! (which is how it should be.)
I found a new favorite scripture this week.. D&C 50:40-42. Its just one of those scriptures you read and feel so much comfort and love from our Savior Jesus Christ.
I am so sorry I don't have much to say this week (or any week cuz I'm so bad at emailing) ... It was kinda boring.. Other than just learning Korean and loving the gospel more each day... Nothing to report :)
I love it and I am so happy here!! Thank you all for all your love and prayers. Have a wonderful thanksgiving! I'll talk to you next week :)
Holmes Chamae

it was our teacher Sister Allen's birthday so we brought a hat. I look so good. Like a unicorn.

These are the Elders in my district.. They do this every day at least...like 5 times a day. haha

We all wore yellow sweaters! This is my favorite teacher Sister Baek. She's the best.

1 comment:

  1. You look wonderfully Happy.. is that a word?haha Anyway you look great. Hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic! Love ya sweetie.

    ReplyDelete