explanation

explanation

Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 55

Dearest everyone!

It was a great week! I love training Sister Stancliffe. We are having so much fun learning and growing together, despite how hard it is sometimes. She has such a great attitude about everything, which I am so grateful for. She's been an example to me on days when it feels to hard to move on. She finished her first pass off lesson this week!! She's progressing so awesomely. Being a trainer is great.. you get to accept the credit for how awesome your trainee is.. even when you didn't do anything at all. Sweet :)
We went on exchanges with the DongHae sisters this past week! Sister Jackson came to Taebaek and worked with me this time! It was so wonderful. She always is so good at making, setting and accomplishing exchange goals. Something I asked her to help me with before the exchange was how to know how to better follow the spirit, how to know that I'm working effectively and efficiently... especially since I became a trainer, I am worried about this all the time. She helped me see that as long as I'm praying to follow the spirit, trying my best to listen, and going about doing good things, I don't need to worry. During our exchange, we prayed a lot. Everytime we had some jundo time, we stopped and prayed first to ask the Lord to guide us where we needed to go. We didn't see any 'crazy awesome' miracles.. but a huge miracle happened inside of me! Every person we passed I recognized more clearly as a child of God. I prayed with all of my heart while talking to every person that they would accept our message and be a prepared to receive the gospel. Even though I didn't see those results, the work became so real to me. I realized that sometimes I focus too much on the stats. I need to focus more on the person.. I need to focus on finding that prepared person, and the only ways I'm going to be able to do that is if I assume that everyone will be. Sometimes I find myself assuming that we'll be rejected before it even happens! The exchange helped me remember that it doesn't matter.. because we're just looking for the people who will accept it. I need to exercise my faith by assuming that everyone will, instead of everyone won't!

 
Well like I said last week.. we're still on the look out for new investigators. We dropped Leann and 김귀영 this week. It was hard, but it was what needed to be done. We'd been teaching them for a really long time and neither of them have had that desire to change that they need to.. so we're putting them back in God's hands and praying that someday they will be ready to accept the gospel because of the experience they had with us, with the spirit when we met them. Juliet is progressing! She reads the book of mormon and really likes it. She doesn't want to come to our church yet (or her own for that matter) but she has been reading the scriptures and praying with her children! It has been so cool to see her coming closer to her Savior. She tells us often that since she started meeting with us she's had a greater desire to pray, to turn to God. Next week is our last week of family english with her, we're praying that she will have the desire to keep meeting to strengthen that relationship with God and Jesus Christ!

I told you about Rose, our investigator that comes to english class, she lived in America for a while so she's basically fluent. Anyways, we gave her a baptismal date a few weeks ago, but she's not progressing towards it at all. She doesn't want to meet us often and she doesn't want to really understand or answer any of our questions.. so that's been a little hard. We feel very strongly that she really just like the missionaries and needs to be needed. Which is wonderful because we sure need her here in our church!! But she doesn't have the desire to really accept and apply what we're teaching her for herself. She's very hard to understand.. I'm kind of really at a loss with her! Hopefully she'll get over it and as we meet her we'll be able to understand her more and teach more to her needs!

Halloween! My second one as a missionary.. how crazy is that?? It was a good day! We got baskin robbins as a district to celebrate and you know that I wore black and orange. That's about as festive as it got.. also it was weekly planning day so we made sure to eat lots of candy as we planned haha. That's about it! Hope you all had a fantastic halloween and ate lots of american candy for me.

 
This morning I came across a scripture that I love so much in 1 Nephi 10. Verses 18-19. "For He is the same yesterday, today and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.. for he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well as in these times as in times of old... wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round." This scripture brought me extra happiness and comfort today, I'm not sure why. We can trust our loving father in Heaven because He is unchangeable. He has power unto the fulfilling of all His words. He will never withhold blessing from us when we do our part. He will never leave us comfortless. Because he is truly our father and He loves us. I love knowing this. Simple but the truth. I love this gospel.

사랑으로,

Sister Holmes
홈스 자매

Halloween :)


Taebaek!

Our church!

No comments:

Post a Comment