explanation

explanation

Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 27

해피 부활절!!! Happy Easter!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter day, remembering the Savior and His atonement and resurrection. In Korean, Easter is called Boo-hwar-jor, which means resurrection day. Although my Easter this year wasn't the same as I'm used to, I had such a spiritual day thinking of my Savior and what He did for me personally. I am forever grateful. :) Also I made deviled eggs (is that what they're called?) so it felt like Easter. :)

This week was good! But oh man so long! I can't even remember everything that happened.. hmmm.. well we had some good lessons with investigators! Shin Song Hee came to church yesterday! And we had an awesome lesson with her on the restoration. We bore our testimonies about Joseph Smith and it was so spiritual. She has been praying every day and continues to read the book of mormon.. but she still won't commit to a baptismal date. We're close but not quite there.. Still trying to figure out what direction to go to help her recognize the importance of baptism. Kim Dong Hee (our recent convert) has been such a help to us with her. After our lesson we went to her house and had a delicious lunch with her. It was so great. She really feels so much love from the ward. Everyone knows her and loves her! It makes me so happy. I love our ward. They truly have the spirit of missionary work. Last Saturday we had a "missionary exhibition" activity! Some of the young single adults in our ward went out jundoing with us, and we had an open house thing set up at the church. (I didn't get to go jundo with them, I was stuck teaching english class) It was awesome. It makes me so happy to see so many people so enthusiastic about this work! The church here neeeeds more people like this.

Ahh man I love Sinchon.. I don't want to leave.. but transfer calls are this Saturday! I don't know what will happen.. but I think that I'll probably go and Sister Lee will stay here in Sinchon and train.. She's convinced that I'm gonna stay and that she'll go haha! I have no idea what's gonna happen. But whatever happens, everything will be GREAT! I just need to remember that.. the night of transfer calls are the most stressful nights... People get so stressed about transfers sometimes they even throw up haha! When I heard that I was like man that's ridiculous. But then I experienced my first transfer call and I felt a little nauseous and I could relate haha. WE'LL SEE.. stay tuned next week for the big news I guess.. AHHH

Off that topic.. This week's miracle is called the miracle of the seaweed soup. So, sometimes I eat really weird things here in Korea if I haven't already told you that.. and most of the time I can handle it. But seaweed soup is something I have absolutely LOATHED. I dread having to eat it. I always make my companion eat mine. So this last week we went to visit our relief society president, and before hand we went to lunch at her husband's work place, which is like a community center. so we went to this cafeteria for lunch, and what were they serving? Yup, seaweed soup. I was so disappointing because I was so starving and just wanted something I could eat. But oh well what could I do. So we got our food and sat down, and when I blessed my food, I prayed that Heavenly Father would help this food taste delicious so me. I took the first sip, and what do you know, it was so delicious. Seriously. Sister Lee was in shock! She was like who are you?? Where is my companion? (she has been very aware of my hate for this soup). I was in shock myself! I ate the whole bowl, with not a lick of that slimy seaweed left. In that moment it tasted so delicious to me. It was a miracle. GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. I become more and more aware of this every single day.

This week should be a good one! We have a mission conference on Friday with Elder Whiting of the Seventy, and a Fireside on Saturday with Sister Burton!! Yay! And then transfer calls! Boo. Oh well. It'll all be great! 

Hope you have a week as happy as mine will be :) 사랑해요

홈스 자매
Sister Holmes
Seaweed soup experience

Mexican food with Sister White (we went on exchanges)

We had a little flower photo shoot at the temple yesterday. :)

Ka Jin Yong, one of our recent converts!



No comments:

Post a Comment