explanation

explanation

Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 59

Dearest loved ones,

This week was a great one! I am so thankful to be where I am right now. It was a great thanksgiving. We had a district feast. Of pizza and chicken. and we even found some little apple pie pastries haha. It was wonderful! 


 We're out of our area right now, we're in Gangneung (another area here in Kangwando). Sister Mosby (the other Sister training leader out here) and I will be going into Seoul together around 4,  Thanksgiving was awesome. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to be serving at this time. I am thankful to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. Even though during these holidays we miss our families sometimes, there is no where else that I'd rather be. These are memories that I only get to have once and I will cherish forever!


We were able to finally meet with our investigator Juliet, she hasn't been able to meet for a few weeks. During this lesson (which was the last one for family english program with her) she really opened up to us about a lot of the trials and concerns in her life right now concerning her family. We testified of the peace that our message brings and the guidance and happiness it brings to families.. and although we finished the family english program, she agreed to keep meeting with us. Such a tender mercy! I pray that this desire she has (she really does) can work in her and grow more.

As for Rose (김정선).. We have realized that she doesn't want to accept our help. We met her a couple times this week, and during both lessons I felt like we were stuck at a wall. We've taught her what she needs to do, hugely emphasizing prayer and reading the scriptures, and we continue to invite her and commit her to do those things, but she doesn't have the will or desire to just do it. She doens't want to feel like she's being helped. She tries to act like she has no need for the gospel in her life, and that she is the one that need to help us. Yesterday one of our members said they'd be able to help us out in a lesson this week, so hopefully that will help us understand her more. 


We're working hard to find new investigators. We're seeing small miracles everyday as we strive to talk to everyone! Like last night! we were out knocking doors and we were headed back home. It was raining and freezing so we were trying to get home fast, but still talk to people on the way. We had tried to stop a few people and all had rejected us. The thought came to my mind that there was no use in trying. Everyone had their umbrella pointed to the ground and was walking with a purpose so we should do the same. But we passed a girl (she even had her headphones in) and the spirit told me to get over myself and talk to her. So I did. And we had a wonderful conversation with this girl, who really wants to meet again.  It was a reminder to me that it doesnt matter what I think is practical or ideal.. I am a missionary and I must open my mouth to everyone. Despite the weather, despite the situation. When we do that, God puts those people in our paths that we wouldn't have met if we had decided that it was more 'reasonable' to just get home, not stopping to talk to those going the other way.


"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus Concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


I am so thankful to be a missionary.
I am thankful for the talk "Grateful in Any Circumstances" By Pres. Uchtdorf, because it has changed my mission and my life forever.
I'm thankful for my family and for the knowledge I have that I will be able to be with them forever.
I'm thankful for kimchi (which I got to make this week!! woohoo!!!) and chocolate. 
I am so thankful for chocolate. I'm thankful for the book of mormon. It has changed me.
I'm thankful to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.


I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving and has a wonderful christmas season coming up here! First day of December and its snowing! So magical! Have a wonderful week!


Sister Holmes
홈스 자매

My beloved branch and district!


MAKING KIMCHI!!


No comments:

Post a Comment