explanation

explanation

Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 23

Dearest Loved ones

Another week has flown by here in good ol' Sinchon! And what a great week it was. This transfer is off to a really great start. I think I'm starting to find happiness in the little things more and it is making such a difference in every day life as a missionary. :)

Shin Song Hee is still doing really well!! She is praying every day. We had a lesson this week with her at a member's house. We talked about recognizing the feelings of the spirit. I really hope she got something out of it.. Member present lessons are always a difficult thing.. the members in our ward really like to take over the lessons haha. Its kind of a problem.. I know they're just trying to be helpful but it just really confuses our investigators and then the lesson always goes WAY longer than planned. Anyways though, she is doing well. Another happy little tender mercy, we were finally able to meet with Kim Teh Hee this past week.. first time since here baptism! And she came to church yesterday! It was stake conference. She has been so busy.. we're trying to help her see that church will help her life be better, not be another stress.. Oh man these koreans.. they are SO busy let me tell you!

We got a new investigator yesterday :) God answers prayers! Her name is Yoo-oo-wei. She is actually from taiwan. She speaks little korean and little english.. its the weirdest thing.. lately we've been meeting so many chinese people! And we also have a russian investigator! What in the world I thought I came here to speak korean. They didn't tell me that I'd need to learn russian and chinese on the side. no thank you haha. just kidding, thankfully there are a few ward members here in korea that can speak those languages.. so we are trying to get in contact with them for some member present lessons! Hopefully they don't talk to much like the members in our ward haha. Anyways, this lady is so sweet! She is in her 40's, she works here in an educational administrative program (whatever that means). She has mostly english interest, but she's actually really interested in learning about the book of mormon! We do this thing called the 'family english program' in our mission, I don't know if I've talked about it before! We meet with people and teach them english for 30 minutes, and then we share our gospel message for 30 minutes. It has been a really successful way of finding people for our mission. So yeah, we are going to read the book of mormon stories with her in english. She is really excited. Hopefully we can turn this mostly english interest into a gospel interest soon!! Pray for me to learn chinese! HA not. One thing at a time. So actually pray for me to learn Korean. I'm still lackin'. Getting there haha but lacking.

Like I said, I've been really trying to find more joy in the simple things.. This past week especially I have gained such a greater appreciation for the opportunity I have to study the scriptures and pray every day. These things are so simple, but SO IMPORTANT. For all of us. I think I took these things for granted my whole life.. I don't know what I would do without them now. This week I read the talk "We never walk alone" by Pres. Monson at the last relief society conf. I LOVE this quote from him.. "As we seek our Heavenly Father through sincere prayer and earnest, dedicated scripture study, our testimonies will become strong and deeply rooted. We will know of God's love for us. We will understand we do not ever walk alone. I promise that you will one day stand aside and look at your difficult times, and you will realize He was always there beside you." Wow. This is a promise from a prophet of God. So when things get rough, just remember this. As long as you are praying and reading your scriptures, you WILL receive strength to get through the hard times. Even if we don't understand why we have to deal with some things in this life.. He will never leave us. But we have to do our part to feel His love. I just want EVERYONE in the world to know this. I am just recently figuring it out for myself.

제가 행복한 선교사 입니다! I am a happy missionary! (I could've just made something up and you all wouldn't have even known hehe )
사랑해요!! 

Sister Holmes
홈스 자매

Last pday. Happiest day of my life...tandum biking it up. Seriously the funnest thing ever :)



 The Sinchon sistas :) (don't mind my hair lookilng like a horse tail, I just ran across Korea right before we took the picture. A little fun fact about missionaries. We're always running everywhere...I hate it haha)

 Last family pics before transfers! (our district)

Just for funsies.

Sister Lee told me to never make this face again if I want to get married.

No comments:

Post a Comment