explanation

explanation

Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 22

안녕하세요!!!

I'm in my 3rd transfer already. Wait what?? I can't believe that! Oh time, you never cease to freak me out.. Well I am staying here in Sinchon with Sister Lee for another transfer! I couldn't be happier. I love it here, I love my companion, I love our ward. I am starting to actually know how to get around, I am starting to build better relationships with people.. so I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here for at least another 6 weeks! This week started out so good with temple day. The temple always makes everything happier. How lucky am I to be serving in an area with a temple? I live 5 minutes away from it. Dang I am so blessed! After the temple, all the missionaries in our zone went to this super popular American buffet here called Ashley's. when they say american food, they really mean korean style american food. I have never had the weirdest combination of flavors in my stomach haha but it was a great time.

This week was awesome.. Lots of miracles, lots of blessings. Although a lot of our plans and appointments fell through, we still worked our hardest and had such a happy week! Shin Song Hee is finally really progressing :) This week we went and visited her at her work, she works at a university here, Ewha. (super prestigious all women's univesity.. btdubs.) We went to lunch with her and toured the campus. We have really been struggling on what we should teach her.. We have taught her a lot but at the same time she knows so little.. everything has just been kind of confusing. A few weeks ago we tried to commit her to baptism and since then things have been rough with her. But we are finally back on track with her. We decided we just needed to talk with her about prayer. And I am so glad we did. It is exactly what she needed. Just a simple reminder that she can feel happy and she can feel God's love if she prays. That was earlier in the week, Yesterday she came to church and afterwards we had a lesson. She says that since she's been praying more regularly like we committed her to, her life has been so much happier. She says that other people have been telling her that she seems so much more bright and happy. She said that she is deciding to trust in God and let go of the hard things. It was so amazing to hear this realization she came to. She even said that if things keep going this well, she will want to be baptized soon. She is understanding and accepting more than she ever has before. I can't believe it. I am so happy! This is why I had to stay in Sinchon :)

Funny story of the week.. I was on exchanges with Sister White, and while we were jundoing (street proselyting) I was talking to this lady with a dog, and I told her she had a cute dog! Right when I did, the dog looked up at me and then ATTACKED. it straight up bit my hand and I basically screamed and everyone on the street gasped and looked over at me. hahaha it was the most embarrasing thing but it was hilarious. I guess that's what I get for telling a lie. It was the ugliest thing ever. Not to mention it was wearing a tutu. So yeah. There's that haha.

I don't really have much else to say this week. It was great. I am so excited to start a new transfer here. Hopefully it brings us many miracles. Welllp I gotta peace now! The church is true. haha
BYE until next week :)

Sister Holmes
홈스 자매
Me & Sister Lee...livin' the dream


My new hobby: find inspirational signs and take pics with them


Utah license plate at Ashley's!! Whoot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment