explanation

explanation

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week 34

Dearest friends and fam...

The dreaded day has come.. its time for me to leave my beloved Sinchon. I am moving out to Taebek! Its a small mining town in the middle of the mountains. I don't know what to expect.. just something that is completely opposite of everything I know as Korea. can't describe in words how hard is has been for me. I didn't know it would be this hard. I don't think I have anymore tears left to cry haha. So I won't. I will accept the change. It is hard but it is where I need to go. It will be a hard adjustment, but there is an experience that I need to have waiting out in Taebek for me that I need to have. 

I had some really special experiences this week! We had a wonderful lesson with Yoo-oo-ee (haha it is so weird written in english), our investigator from Taiwan. She has been having such a hard time understanding things, and this week we met with her and just talked about faith. It was exactly what she needed. We shared Alma 32:21 with her and she loved it so much. She came to the biggest realization and her face was beaming. She was excited to pray at the end of the lesson. The spirit was so strong. It was one of the most awesome lessons I've had so far. I'm so sad to believing right when she is developing faith ahhh.. but Sister Lee and her new companion will take good care of her. Saying goodbye to my recent converts and investigators has been so hard.. we are meeting with Yoo-oo-ee tonight, Shin Song Hee and Ha tomorrow.. I'm just tired of being sad haha. 

The other night when I was having a really hard time, I opened my scriptures to feel comfort and of course I did. I found this scripture. 2 Ne. 4:34-35 "O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh..... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." When I read this scripture, I finally felt peace. I realized that I need to stop worrying so much and just trust God. He wouldn't send me somewhere I couldn't handle. He loves me and wants me to grow as much as I can. This change is an opportunity for growth, and as long as I rely on him. He will always give me what I need if I ask. I am so grateful for this knowledge.

EVERYTHING WILL BE SO GREAT! Stay tuned for the news of Taebek next week haha.. BYE!!

Sister Holmes
ํ™ˆ์Šค ์ž๋งค

To make up for the short and depressing email, I will send some pictures of people who are so dear to my heart.

Ha and Mashaw <3 our Vietnamese family

My recent converts, the Kim Sisters :) Dong Hee and Tae Hee

This is the Filmore family :) I LOVE THEM SO MUCH

Na Soon Ja, she is one of the ward missionaries. Such a wonderful woman who has helped us with our missionary work so much!

An Kyon Chan. The most wonderful man. He loves missionaries more than anybody I've ever met. He has made my life in Sinchon so happy. I can't express my gratitude to him. Our guardian angel!

Jo So Young, a less active member that we've had a hard time meeting with...but she came to church to say bye to me :)

Kim Yoo Jung. A young single adult in our ward. Love her so much

No comments:

Post a Comment