explanation

explanation

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Week 17

안녕하세요!!!

This past week. Dang. Turning point for me. I have never been so stressed yet so happy in my life! Craziest roller coaster haha! But this new transfer has been so great so far.. I will just start by saying that I LOVE my new trainer, Sister 이혜원 (Lee Heywon). We have been comps for less than a week and we're already so close.. I love it. She is one of the sweetest most humble people I've ever met. I have already learned so much from her, including Korean! Booyah. My Korean has improved since being with her.. its crazy. Haha its is so much fun. Throughout the day, she teaches me funny things to say in Korean and I teach her funny things to say in english haha.. we just love eachother and its great. I was a so stressed at first, but now I can't even understand why! She just has very different personality from Sister Lawrence so I think that may have been why it was a hard adjustment. But man I love her.. we have so much fun together.. We seriously laugh til we cry. Last night after our comp prayer, she said to me that in one of the trainings she went to when she first came to Korea, President talked about how missionaries are chosen to be trainers at specific times for specific people, and how we were friends before this life. She said "because I'm you're companion.. I know this is true! I know we were friends before we came to earth and we are so happy now that we are companions" When she said that a nasty little dust mote got in my eye and I shed a tear or two. Can you say sweetest person in the world? Ahhh I'm so blessed. I really think that I knew her before this life :) we really are "seoul sisters". 

Well, Kim Teh Hee's baptism was on Saturday :) One of the happiest days yet! Oh how I love this girl.. she and her sister Kim Dong Hee have literally changed my life. Kim Dong Hee gave a talk about baptism. It was so sweet and so simple (even I could understand it haha!) but yet so powerful. She and her sister were both crying, the spirit was so strong. After the baptism Kim Teh Hee shared her testimony, and it was amazing. She talked about why she decided to become a member of the church. She said that before she started meeting with us, her life was a struggle. She said that every day was so hard, feeling stressed, depressed and lacking self confidence. But she looked at her sister's life and saw how happy she was since starting to meet with the missionaries. Kim Dong Hee's life isn't easy either! She is currently separated from her husband and kids and doesn't really know how things will work out with that. But because she found the gospel she found how to have strength and be happy, despite her hard circumstances! So Kim Teh Hee wanted that as well! The first time we met with her, before even starting teaching the lessons, we felt the need to talk about how she can gain self confidence through the gospel. So we read her the book 'You are Special'. :) She said it changed her life, and knew that she needed to be a part of this church. She has such a wonderful love and understanding for the gospel already. I am blown away. I feel so blessed to have met her and Kim Dong Hee.. they are choice daughters of our Father in Heaven!

As far as my other investigators go.. hmm what investigators haha? Sister Lee and I are currently on the search! Shin Song Hee is our main girl right now. She is doing so well.. comes to church every week! We are going to a member's house for dinner with her tonight, so that will be fun! Afterwards we are going to talk about the atonement and faith in Christ, we're reading alma 32 with her. I think it is exactly what she needs to start putting all the puzzle pieces together! She has such a desire to learn about this gospel and to read the book of mormon, she just doesn't quite understand how it all comes together yet! I pray that as she learns how to have faith and how to exercise it, she will have a desire to be baptized!! We are going to try and commit her to a date this week!! Yay!! Hopefully everything works out! Also we met a new potential investigator last night, Choi Gee Hey. She is the sweetest girl, she's in her late 20's and lived in Chicago for about 5 years, studying art. She is awesome. She grew up catholic, but has never really had her own faith. She doesn't really know how to have faith or what to have faith in.. so actually we had her read alma 32 as well! That is just the power chapter this week I guess. Best chapter ever. Anways, she has a lot of interest.. but we found out she lives in the Seoul South mission :( so we might not be able to teach her.. she does work here though, so it is a possibility! I hope I hope!!!

So yeah. I love life right now. Every night when I kneel to pray, I don't really know what to say to my Heavenly Father except THANK YOU.. I feel so dang blessed to be where I am right now.. Yesterday after church we had a big ward lunch (which by the way was tofu soup. ummm thank goodness I have a korean comp. now who will eat what I don't want hahaha). Anways haha, I was just talking with our recent converts and just feeling so blessed to have met all these wonderful people. My heart breaks when I think about having to leave them someday, just like Kinesh said in her letter home this week.. I am so grateful and so happy to be where I am right now! Every day I learn new things about myself, this country, my Savior.. ah man, life couldn't be any better.

Well, better jet! Going hiking for p-day, should be a blast!!! Love you all, thank you sooo much for your love. BYYEEE til next week!

Holmes 자매

Goodbye lunch for Sister Lawrence

SISTER LEEEEEE <3

Old mom, new mom :)


Kim Teh Hee's baptism! :)




Valentine package fun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home