explanation

explanation

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Week 9

OH
MY
GOODNESS.

In less than 2 days I will be on an airplane... flying to Korea. I can't believe it. I am so scared! I am so nervous! I am feeling every single emotion all the time and my heart is beating so fast all the time! But I am so excited. As scared, worried, and freaking out as I am... I am so excited. Even if all I can say to the Koreans is "Hello! I'm a missionary from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.. and God is our Father! The book of mormon is true!" haha. Hopefully I can pick it up fast!! My teacher Sister Allen told us that sisters pick up the language waaay faster than elders.. so that gave me a small glimmer of hope haha..
This week has been crazy though... I think I actually realized how much I love the mtc! This last sunday I was heartbroken that it was my last sunday at the mtc. (if I haven't already said this a ton of times I LOVE SUNDAYS AT THE MTC). I don't know if I even talked about this in any of my emails before (i'm literally losing my mind haha) but every sunday in sacrament meeting, its like the hunger games. You don't know if you're going to get called on to speak until you are there. So everyone has to prepare a talk. In Korean. I escaped the mtc without being called on, it was a miracle haha. But I'm still so sad.. And tuesday night devotionals were my favorite thing ever. This last week Elder Quinton L. Cook came (general authorities every week for the rest of the year.. awesome right). He gave such an amazing talk about the importance of being a happy and positive missionary. I truly hope that when I get to Korea I can stay positive and happy despite my lack of Korean speaking skills and despite the fact that I'm on the other side of the world and despite the fact that I'll probably smell like Kimchi for the next 16 months haha. I know this will be the most amazing experience of my life :) Now could I just get there and stop feeling all this anxiety anticipating it?? Sheeeesh 
Yesterday was infield training... ALL DAY. It was the longest day ever.. but so cool! I got to meet one of the missionaries from the district, Elder Christensen! He works here at the mtc. So pretty much he's like super famous here haha.
It has been a hard week. Realizing that I'm actually leaving this place, I'm actually going to Korea.. I'm actually going to teach real investigators.. I'm so scared. But I am going to do this. God will help me. God will carry me through my trials, and because of my trials, the joy I feel will be so incomprehensible, just as the sons of Mosiah experienced on their missions. This week Sis. Baek shared a quote with me from President Kimball (I don't remember the exact wording): "If you are doing the Lord's work you cannot fail." This is HIS work. As I strive to be the best missionary I can me, I cannot fail. Knowing this brings me so much comfort.
"...Be not afraid, only believe" Mark 5:36. This scripture has been my go-to this week! And will be for my whole mission haha :)
Well I better go now.. I gotta go pack some more! I don't know how I'm gonna fit everything ahhh and I REFUSE TO PAY A $200 FEE FOR MY BAGS... So ridiculous. ANYWAYS, I love this gospel. I am SO grateful for the opportunity I have to be on a mission, going to Seoul Korea. I am so grateful for the amazing experience I've had here at the mtc. I have met the most amazing people ever, and felt the most amazing spirit ever. I feel so close to my Heavenly Father and Savior. 
SALANGHAMNIDA!!! I love you all so much, truly. Thank you EVERYONE for your prayers, love and support. 

Holmes Chamae

ps. next time I email you.. it will be from KOREA AAAHHHHHH!!!!

 Okay so this is the cutest little Korean family we met at the temple last sunday :) I bore my testimony to them and they said I was so good at Korean! It made my whole week. I love Koreans!!!! YAY

MTC Christmas lights!!

oops its blurry. Sorry. I just love these girls! 

Okay. So this sweater vest is the best thing to happen to me at the MTC. We found it in a free stuff bin and stole it... Last week all the sisters going to Seoul wore it one day. This is the look I sported ;) best day ever haha 

TATUM!!!!!! Best day of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment