explanation

explanation

Friday, October 18, 2013

Week 1

I have officially survived 2 whole days in the mtc. 2 days... I seriously feel like I've been here for 2 months already! Its killer! Hardest thing that I've ever done. But I'm going to keep moving forward and put my faith in God and hopefully I survive! If I can make it to sunday I can make it my whole mission.. that's what everyone keeps telling me haha. 2 MORE DAYS TO GO! PRAY FOR ME!!
Well, my companion's name is Sister Telford! She is a super sweet gal. She's from California.. and Utah. She says she's moved back and forth so many times so she just says both haha. We are really different. But I already love her! I am continually praying to know how to best be sucessful with her. There are 2 other girls in our room, Sister Mortensen and Sister Brocious. They're both awesome.. And they're already pro at Korean so that's cool.. Man guys Korean, it's kickin' my butt. But guess what?? I already know how to pray! So I guess I'm already making progress! I just wish I could understand the alphabet better, then I could read and understand things my teacher writes on the board.. I'm trying my best though! I feel like I've learned a lot already! Hopefully that gift of tongues arrives here soon..
I have been feeling a lot of discouragement. One minute I'm happy and the next I'm so homesick and sad.. But I know God needs me here. I need to be here! Every time I feel discouraged I think of the way I felt when I heard the announcement. The moment when I opened my call. The moment when I got set apart as a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know I'm supposed to be here! Last week Dennis sent me a scripture in his email that has really helped me out these past couple days.. Phillipians 4:6. It says something like "Be careful of nothing". The hebrew translation means "Don't be unruly concerned about anything". So I should not be too hard on myself! I need to just trust in God and know that if I give it my all, everything will work out.
So I don't have too much else to say because it has only been 2 days! I didn't know I'd get a p-day this week so I was pleasantly surprised! So my p-day is friday!! I haven't taken many pics so I'll send some next week!!
I love you all and miss you so so much. Until next week! Sa lang ham ni da! (I love you)
Sister Holmes
Holmes Chamae :)

1 comment:

  1. Wiping tears away as I read this email. You are amazing and I know that the gift of tongues will arrive soon. Hang in there dear, the lord would not be sending you to Korea if he didn't think you could do it. I know that Dennis has all the faith you can do this as well. Love ya sweetie

    ReplyDelete